- One parent (or guardian) must remain at the surgery center while the child is in the facility
- A parent (or guardian) must sign release forms permitting surgery if the child is under 18 years of age
- Guardians must bring written proof of guardianship on the day of surgery (without this documentation, surgery will need to be rescheduled).
- Pediatric patients are allowed items of comfort, including: stuffed animals, blanket, or pacifier.
- Pediatric fasting requirements will be communicated with the parent/guardian prior to the surgery.
Day of Your Surgery
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
• Report to the receptionist at your scheduled arrival time (this time maybe one hour prior to your surgery time).
AFTER YOU REGISTER:
• Once registered, you will be taken to the pre-operative area where your vital signs will be assessed.
• If you require sedation or general anesthesia, an anesthesiologist will meet with you to discuss and arrange your anesthesia care.